The Business Hub @BSD

Author   Comment  
Stewart McLean

Administrator
People say that Facebook is for connecting with the people you went to school with and Twitter is for people you wished you had gone to school with.

As a mentor I am constantly being told that advertising on Facebook is 'the way forward' by my clients, but in my experience Facebook is there for when we want to catch up with friends or just be nosey. Whereas Twitter is a social media tool where I can find out about a business and maybe connect with them.

Has anyone here ever bought from Facebook? Is Twitter for the birds??

Stewart [comp]

Stewart McLean, Business Advisor
Mobile: 07412 993719

Mark Lawn

I have offered last minute bookings for our motorhome hire on Facebook pages and had a good response (often beyond the deals offered). There are also a lot of timewasters mind. However, I have yet to have a single enquiry from Twitter, despite spending a long time building a profile, connecting with followers etc. For me Facebook wins but then maybe a course one day will change all that...
Stewart McLean

Administrator
Hi Mark. I can see why you would prefer Facebook for your motor home hire, is it mainly friends and family who book or does sharing your posts bring you business from outside your circle of friends?

Twitter has its uses in certain businesses and not in others. It does have it's other uses though, like social media, promotion and requests. I lost a button off my suit at a tradeshow once (I was on the stand) and I tweeted for a sewing kit. Within ten minutes I had three people at the stand with needle and cotton in hand!

Stewart

Stewart McLean, Business Advisor
Mobile: 07412 993719

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

Accreditors